How was your 2019?
Not trying to brag but mine was pretty awesome!
Here’s what went really well:
- Hit $1.5 million in sales (up $300k).
- Only worked 5 hours a week.
- Was down the shore all summer.
- Booked out 5 weeks in December.
What needs improvement:
- Should have booked more jobs.
- Should have ran 3 crews all year.
- Systems not as detailed as they should be.
What’s next for me in 2020?
- Hit $2 million in sales for fencing.
- Fine tune all systems.
- Develop next set of key employees.
- Start/Grow our Aluminum division to $1 million in sales.
How am I going to do all this?
- By working ON the business, NOT IN the business.
- By leveraging other people’s time instead of my own.
- By having monthly, weekly, and daily goals.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
This is why quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily goals are so important.
Instead of thinking of a million different things you can do, think of the biggest domino. That’s the one thing that will make the biggest dent and possibly make the other tasks obsolete.
For most that’s hiring someone to do your job or writing up all your systems so anyone can do the job without your involvement.
I figured out my biggest domino, what’s next?
Next you need to plan out what you need to accomplish in the next 3 months to ensure your 1 year goal happens.
Once you figure that out, plan your first month. After that move onto your weekly and daily tasks.
Now for the hardest part…
You must stick to the plan every single day. Not when you feel like it, every single day.
You can even get your spouse, family, or friends involved. Tell them what you want to accomplish have them ask you about progress every week or two.
Time to get started!
Make 2020 and the next decade yours!